Reproducible, fast, reliable
SARS-CoV-2 viral RNA enrichment with Magnetic Instant Capture Beads (MagIC Beads) is the best option for:
- Pulldown and analysis of SARS-CoV-2 viral RNA.
- Large scale isolation from cell lysates.
- Epigenetic modification studies.
- Targeted RNA sequencing with NGS and 3rd Generation Sequencing.
- …and more
Unmatched enrichment levels
1100ng of total RNA isolated from HEK293 cells was spiked-in with 0.5ng of SARS-CoV-2 in-vitro transcribed RNA and incubated with MagIC Beads targeting SARS-CoV-2 genome for 30min at 60°C. RNA attached to the beads was washed, eluted, and subjected to cDNA synthesis. Levels of GAPDH, ACTB, 18S rRNA, and SARS-CoV-2 were measured with RT-qPCR. The target RNA was enriched from over 1 000 to over 10 000 fold over non-target transcripts, by SARS-CoV-2 targeting MagIC Beads.
Advantages of RNA Seq MagIC Beads – SARS-CoV-2:
- High efficiency and specificity:
- Isolate SARS-CoV-2 viral RNA instead of creating a generic RNA pool.
- Enrich the target RNA up to 100 000x.
- Capture up to 100% of the target molecule.
- No molecular tag related biases.
- Reproducible and consistent levels of enrichment.
- Purification can take place under very strong denaturing conditions, unlike biotin based approaches.
- Simple and time-saving protocol:
- Only 3 steps to obtain enriched viral RNA samples.
- Below 10 minutes of hands-on time.
- The whole procedure takes less than 1 hour.
- No additional components needed.
A simple workflow for RNA enrichment
How it works
SARS-CoV-2 viral RNA enrichment with MagIC (Magnetic Instant Capture) Beads can be employed when the specific RNA is to be analyzed without the accompanying context of all cellular RNAs. This can be used for targeted sequencing with 2nd or 3rd generation sequencing technologies as MagIC Beads RNA enrichment is downstream application-agnostic.
The targeted sequencing approach is especially useful for low copy number transcripts, which cannot be efficiently sequenced without enrichment or in case of more typical transcripts simply to reduce overall costs of sequencing when only a defined portion of the transcriptome is to be investigated. This approach can be employed in the study of the exact sequence of transcripts in question, the study of alternative polyadenylation sites, alternative transcription start sites, splicing variants, sequence variations, or RNA modifications.
The enrichment can also be combined with low throughput biochemical methods to study RNA of interest in cases when the complexity of an RNA sample is interfering with the analysis. This can be an issue when low copy number transcripts are investigated even when standard, well-established methodologies are being employed. MagIC Beads provide a viable solution to this problem.
- Supplied with beads and hybridization buffer.
- Shipping condition: room temperature.
- Storage Temperature: 4°C.
- Durability: 60 months from date of manufacture.