Reproducible, fast, reliable RNA capture
RNA enrichment with Magnetic Instant Capture Beads (MagIC Beads) is the best option for:
- Study of RNA-protein interactions.
- Study of RNA-RNA interactions.
- Study of RNA-DNA interactions.
Unmatched enrichment levels, high specificity
HEK293 cellular lysate was incubated with MagIC Beads targeting human GAPDH, LINC00086 and MALAT1 transcripts for 30min at 55°C. RNA attached to the beads was washed, isolated and subjected to cDNA synthesis. Levels of 18S rRNA, GAPDH, ACTB and MALAT1 were measured with RT-qPCR. The target RNA was enriched from over 10 000 to over 100 000 fold over non-target transcripts, by MALAT1 targeting MagIC Beads, but not by beads targeting other transcripts.
Cross-linked mouse brain tissue lysate was incubated with MagIC Beads targeting mouse CDR1as, for 30min at 50°C. RNA attached to the beads was washed, isolated and subjected to cDNA synthesis. Levels of 18S rRNA, GAPDH, and CDR1as were measured with RT-qPCR. The target RNA was enriched from over 100 000 to over 1 000 000 fold over non-target transcripts, by CDR1as targeting MagIC Beads
Cross-linked mouse brain tissue lysate was incubated with MagIC Beads targeting mouse CDR1as, for
30min at 50°C. RNA attached to the beads was washed, isolated and subjected to cDNA synthesis.
Levels of 18S rRNA, GAPDH and CDR1as were measured with RT-qPCR. 39% of the target RNA and less 1% of non-target transcripts GAPHD and 18S rRNA were captured from the initial sample.
Averaged RT-qPCR detection cycles obtained from the experiment described above.
Advantages of RNA Interactome MagIC Beads – Custom target:
- High efficiency and specificity:
- Enrich target RNA directly from a cellular lysate by over 100 000x.
- Biases originating from the use of molecular tags is fully eliminated.
- Reproducible and consistent levels of enrichment.
- Enrichments take place under unprecedentedly strong denaturing conditions, unachievable with biotin based approaches.
- Simple and time-saving protocol:
- Only 3 steps to obtain enriched RNA-protein complexes.
- Below 15 minutes of hands-on time.
- The whole procedure takes less than 1 hour.
- No additional components needed.
- No DNase treatment or sonication of the sample required, no RNA fragmentation.
- No need for prior isolation, pre-processing, or RNA fragmentation.
- Custom design for any RNA molecule:
- Target any transcript or pool of transcripts.
A simple workflow for custom RNA enrichment
How it works
MagIC (Magnetic Instant Capture) Beads technology provide rapid and reliable enrichment of cross-linked RNA-protein complexes directly from unprocessed lysates containing unfragmented RNA. The product offers a novel robust method of unbiased de-novo identification of molecular interactors of specific transcripts, bringing the RNA biology research field to a new level.
MagIC Beads is the first product on the market to feature an array of custom-designed DNA hybridization probes covalently attached to the surface of nanomagnetic particles. They allow to rapidly and reliably enrich target transcripts directly from cellular or tissue lysates under unprecedentedly strong denaturing and reducing conditions. Those unique properties result in specificity and efficiency far beyond what biotin based approaches can offer. MagIC Beads can be used to enrich RNA together with its in-vivo interactors from cross-linked samples for study of RNA-protein, RNA-RNA or RNA-DNA contacts. MagIC Beads technology is fully compatible with any downstream analysis including high throughput sequencing and mass spectrometry. It is a perfect solution for any study of the interactome of the RNA of interest.
MagIC Beads can also be used to isolate the RNA of interest free of other cellular components directly from lysates from un-cross-linked material. When a defined portion of the transcriptome is to be investigated MagIC Beads can fully alleviate the need for classic RNA isolation providing significant time saving combined with efficiency.
- Supplied with beads, lysis, hybridization and wash buffers.
- Shipping condition: room temperature.
- Storage Temperature: 4°C.
- Durability: 60 months from date of manufacture.